Thursday, December 20, 2007

Work, Sushi, and Poker

After 3 long months of work I finally decided to call it quits. Originally I emailed a resignation letter telling them I'd work all the way up to the 31st of December. Two days later I stopped working answering phone calls from the boss man and returned my work van, phone, blackberry, etc....Ive been told thats a fucked up way to leave a job, but the thing is I never wanted to even take the job. The only reason I took it was because they stalked me for like a month and a half, and the WSOP money ran out.
Besides I have bigger things on the dome like my upcoming trip to Melbourne, Aus. Which will be the shit. Any normal sleep schedule I had went out the window like an alcoholic falling off the wagon. The first night I spent celebrating my Sis's birthday at the Cannery playing video backjack while they played the penny slots till like 2am. Now I spend my days rotting my brain with reality TV when I know full well I could be doing something way more productive. After the guilt sets in I realize Id rather be doing this than getting 30 phone calls a day about some dumb shit I have no control over.

The other day I joined a friend at a sushiT bar. My stomach or shits havent been right since. I feel sick just thinking about it.

Thought I might try to take a stab at the daily donkament downtown. Except for the fact that it was cancelled for lack of players. A dealer friend of mine ask me to sit in to get a game going, which I knew was a bad idea $$$ wise but did just for the dealers sake. I had a talk with the floor man about the drop in players comming through. So I thought it was a good chance to ask about a prop gig, may be a promising opp after I return from Aus. That is if nothing comes up for me down there.

Played a ton a freerolls on Tilt with no success. I think Im becoming progressively worse with every hand I play.