Monday, February 11, 2008

Back In Vegas

I arrived back from Australia less than a week ago. I left Aussie feeling pretty good about the experience. The only downside was I didnt do as much sight seeing as I wanted to, and we did exactly zero work on Bankroll Exerience. Next year I plan on renting and staying for about 2 months January to March.
I managed to get zero sleep on the flight from Melbourne to LA. The upside to that was I had an entire row to myself to relax. I spent the majority of the flight watching inflight movies, checking the flight path, and watching a show called Summer Height High an Aussie based comedy. I first saw the show on my incoming flight down under and thought it was fucking hilarious ,too bad its not shown in the States.
I ended up being awake for something like 30 plus hours before I finally passed out. I fell asleep around 8pm and woke up at midnight. Since then my schedule has been all fucked up, waking up at 530pm and staying up till 7-9 am. Slippers and I managed to rack up enough points on Tilt to qaulify for the Pokernews freeroll which of course we didnt win. We're gonna go ahead and qualify for the next one at the end of the month (Im playing that one).

I played a daily tourny at Sante Fe station I showed up an hour late, and was there for less time than that. I played only two hands the entire time. First hand I picked up 88 min raised from mid position. SB called, flop comes....x K x , he bets out and I fold. He shows AK. Second and last hand min raise from the button. I squeeze and see two black aces from the BB. I go ahead an shove and he calls I table my 2 black aces and he tables 10 9 spades. Spade on the flop..............and the turn...........and of course the river. WELL PLAYED. From there I made my way downtown and played another daily. Coincedently my brother in law was there. I talked him into playing the tourny as well. 30 mintues later he knocked me out of the tourny AJ vs A10.
No more poker for me just alcohol........
Met a highschool buddy at a local bar and had a few drinks. We made our way to another local bar where we met up with more friends. I also caught up with Damo from T6 poker fresh off his final table in SanDiego.
A few hours later.......
Buddy.... Im ready to go.
Me......u want me to drive?
Buddy...naw Im good...
We make our way back home.
1st traffic light.......theres a cop behind us in the left lane
2nd traffic light.......ok he's right behind us...
3rd traffic light........ok ur getting pulled over dude.
Cop was a total dick. My bud went through the whole field test and failed the breathalizer. They hauled him off to the drunk tank.
I passed my test so I was awarded with my first crash course on how to drive a manual........
I did pretty well and only stalled once. Made it back to my car and dropped off the keys to Aunt and let her know what the deal was.

No comments: